Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Was Less Busy

Welcome to new “Follower” Susan, I’m happy to have you in the group!  THANK YOU for signing on as a Follower, it is appreciated.

First off, I’ve had some issues with inserting pics lately.  I get them inserted just fine and then when I go to the blog I find that almost all of them cannot be clicked for a larger view.  Obviously I’ve done something wrong.  (nothing new there)  I’m going to work on that with this post, but I really haven’t had much time to tackle the technical stuff (no matter how small) the past 3 weeks.  I’ve got a precious 4 hours of free time before we go to get the Grands for a weekend camping trip.  I still have some laundry to do and cook dinner and prepare some strawberries I bought.  Plus…get this blog done.

Compared to yesterday, today really was less busy.  Still busy…just less busy.  We got breakfast going as usual over with the girls.  Mackenzie wanted Eggs In A Hole so I got that going for her.  Zoey just wanted cereal and banana.

                                       This is Mackenzie’s Egg In A Hole breakfast. DSCF5536  

After breakfast the girls went up to brush their teeth and get dressed for the day.  Bruce did the dishes as he always does.  We needed to get over to the grocery store to pick up a few items for the camping trip this weekend.

                                       Zoey’s getting the job done!DSCF5463 

After getting a few items in the grocery department, and saying hello to Mommy who was trying to work, we went over to the floral department in the Top Foods Market.   Today is July 15 and it is the 7th anniversary of the death of our other granddaughter, Sydney.  We wanted to get some flower to take to her grave.  The girls helped pick out some dark pink baby carnations.

We drove over to the cemetery, which happens to be behind our RV park, and went to Babyland.

DSCF5545

Zoey and Mackenzie showed us the bouquet while Papa went to get some water for the flower urn at the gravesite.  Mackenzie was less than 2 years old when Sydney died and Zoey wasn’t born yet.

DSCF5541

This granddaughter, Sydney Catherine, was our son’s child and she was stillborn.  It was a sudden death unforeseen by the doctor with no warning the baby was in trouble.  After she was delivered, we got to hold her and be with her for as long as we all wanted.   The hospital was wonderful and so caring.  Unfortunately, our son and daughter-in-law’s marriage ended about 2 years later.  So now, we only have our little Zoey and Mackenzie to play with but we will never forget, or stop missing, Sydney.   

                                             The girls lovingly arrange the bouquet for the little cousin they never knew.DSCF5543

DSCF5544

Zoey and Mackenzie are coming over to spend the night so that we don’t have to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow morning!  We’ll get up and take them to McDonald’s for breakfast and then get the motorhome ready for the big adventure.  We aren’t going far from “home” but it could possibly take a couple of hours to get there.  I packed their clothes today when we babysat and they got all of their Barbie stuff ready and I had them bring along 2 squirt guns just for fun!  Papa stuck their bikes in the back of the Explorer also.  All of that, plus our scrapbook album work, should keep us busy.

Maybe we can interest them in a nap each afternoon, ya think?

Until next time…..so long for now!

11 comments:

Gypsy said...

I have twin grandchildren - the little girl was stillborn, and Owen, the boy, lived about 7 months. I still miss him, and keep his picture up with the rest of the grands.

Carol K said...

Yes, teach those big girls to take naps. Right. Good luck with that. :)

So sorry to hear about Sydney Catherine as well the end of your son's marriage. An unexpected event like that would be such a strain on any marriage.

By getting your grands involved with placing flowers on Sydney's grave, you are teaching them valuable lessons about life. And it helps in the process of keeping Sydney alive in your hearts.

Rick said...

A very touching scene with the Grands placing flowers at their little cousin Sydney's gravesite. Nothing is more difficult to bear than the loss of a child or grandchild.

All your pictures turned out ok when I clicked on them to enlarge so you obviously figured out the problem and corrected it!

Happytrails said...

I am so sorry to read about the death of Sydney. What a sad tragedy to loose a child so young. I agree with Carol that by including Zoey and McKenzie you are teaching them such a valuable lesson about life and love.
I hope you all have a really wonderful time on your camping trip. I can't wait to read all about it. Take lots of pictures. :)

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

Happytrails said...

I am so sorry to read about the death of Sydney. What a sad tragedy to loose a child so young. I agree with Carol that by including Zoey and McKenzie you are teaching them such a valuable lesson about life and love.
I hope you all have a really wonderful time on your camping trip. I can't wait to read all about it. Take lots of pictures. :)

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

Travels with Emma said...

The click to enlarge worked just fine for me, so I guess you've got that fixed. But I think you'll have a much harder time trying to get the girls to take a nap! :)

My condolences on your loss.

Jerry and Suzy said...

Once again all we can do is echo the sentiments of those here ahead of us. You are doing a great job with your two Grands.

Sue and Doug said...

how very sad about Sydney..what a difficult time that must have been for everyone..
have a fun with the 'girls' camping..take lots of pictures!!

Dennis and Donna said...

I cannot imagine the heartbreak of losing a grandchild. I lived in a cemetery for part of my growing up. I think it is very important to expose kids to the experience of placing flowers. I know people who won't go to the cemetery...I find cemeteries very comforting. To me they are a very peaceful, quiet place to reflect on life.

As for the naps?? You GOTTA be kidding, right?

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Oh my goodness...that's so sad. I also think it's great to take the young ones to the cemeteries so they can appreciate the circle of life.

Nellie

Merri and Steve said...

You're doing right by teaching the girls about Sydney. Love the flowers! Good job picking pretty in pink, Zoey & Mackenzie!

Pics! Can't have enough, LOL! Cheers!