Monday, July 26, 2010

Busy? Yeah, And Then I Have A Question

I noticed another new “Follower” has signed on this afternoon.  Welcome aboard to JODI and a great big THANK YOU for tuning in to read about our RV lifestyle.  I appreciate your interest and hope you enjoy!

Yesterday while we were with the girls, Bruce played the online game “Know Your States” with the girls.  I found this site on Margie and Roger's blog.  She gave a link to it in her post from July 12th.  The girls enjoyed playing it and finding the states location on the unmarked United States map.  It is a good geography game.

                                                           Mackenzie points to the location to place the state with a “click and drag” feature.DSCF5707

 

                                                           This is the game on our computer screen.  Place states in the correct location.DSCF5711

Today was a busy day for us….so what else is new?  We had to get Mackenzie off to her gymnastics center by 9:00 so she could go on the field trip to another teams gym for a joint workout session.  Got that job done and then it was time to drop Annie off for her hair-do appointment over at Petco. 

I made a quick stop at Weight Watchers while Bruce and Zoey went and did a little shopping for our trip to Idaho.  Then it was a trip to Mickey D’s for breakfast and then back home.  Oops…then they called and said Annie was ready, so we had to get back in the car and fetch her.  She looked great!  And smelled soooooo clean.  We wanted to have her clean and shiny when she goes on her little vacation to Aunt Anne’s house. 

I played a reading game with Zoey after lunch.  She is going into Kindergarten in September and I prepared several word flash cards for reading readiness.  These are some basic words that kids need to know “by sight” and knowing these before going into Kindergarten will help.  She knew all of them at a glance, except for 10.  So we will work on those.  I made up about 40 cards to work on with her. 

                                                           Simple words like:  the, good, and, him, here are ones kids need to know by sight.DSCF5741

At 1:00 I took Zoey to the Tumwater Library for craft time.  She enjoyed working on 2 projects while we were there.  It was organized by a wonderful employee at our library and she had all the supplies laid out on long tables.  Zoey made a fish with “stained glass” sections and a yarn octopus.  She had fun.

                                                           The “stained glass” was colorful tissue paper segments she glued on after cutting holeDSCF5748

                                                           Her face is scratched up because she took a header on the driveway.DSCF5747
By the time we got back from the library, Mommy was home….and Grandma and Papa were off duty for 2 weeks!!  Going home to pack for our trip to Soda Springs.  Leaving tomorrow at 5:00 am. 

My Question:  Does anybody else have a situation where the number of Followers showing on the dashboard does NOT match the actual number of images showing on the web page?  My number shown on the blog page and dashboard says 3 more than I actually count by the images.  It doesn’t really matter, but I was wondering why the discrepancy?  Anyone else have this situation?  I get nowhere on the Google Help site so no point going back there.  

Hopefully, we’ll have AT&T service in Soda Springs so I can post a blog.  If not, we’ll be back on Friday of this week.  Hope everyone has a great week.

Until next time….so long for now!

18 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

okay..I am tired!!..you really need a vacation now!!!.have a great time in Soda Springs??..where is that by the way??

Happytrails said...

I've never really looked at the number and the images and counted them. I will do that and let you know.
You and Bruce are doing such a fantastic job with those sweet little "grand" this summer. What fun they've had and learned so many things. :-)
You all have a safe trip to Soda Springs.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

Rick said...

Good idea on the flashcards - that will definitely help Zoey when she starts Kindergarten.

Sure hope you do have an internet connection during your travels! I'll be looking forward to stories about your vacation.

As for the followers thing, it might be due to the fact that Followers can sign on to follow "privately". And, since, Followers can sign on with Google and other ID's and not just Blogger ID's anymore, that may be another reason. My guess though, is it's a public/private follower issue. My other guess is it's just another Blogger foul-up!!

Have a great trip!!

Margie M. said...

For those that are wondering: Soda Springs, Idaho is in the South East corner of the state. It is East of I-15 (exit 47) and South East of Pocatello.

In the middle of freaking NOWHERE.

Hope that helps.

Gypsy said...

One of my grandsons in NY has loved jigsaw puzzles since he was old enough to handle the pieces. He is extremely good at it, and one of the first puzzles I bought him was one of the United States. He loves to work it with me and we take turns, calling the state as we place it in the puzzle board. My kids always had the US puzzle when they were little too, and I guess it's because I'm a geograph buff.

Carol K said...

You have done a fantastic job this summer, Margie and Bruce. I think you will all be ready for school to start, though.

Have a great time and safe travels during your visit to Idaho.

Cindy said...

In freaking nowhere..I doubt you get much internet...I know I just left there...lol

I will tell Wendy and Kim about that State website..they could use it in homeschooling.

Ya'll be safe!! And have fun!!

Cindy and Walker

Travels with Emma said...

And why is it that you are going into the freaking middle of NOWHERE? I'm in the norhteast corner of Idaho, but would like to meet the two of you at a half way point in the middle of nowhere. :)

Maybe do lunch? Let me know.

Margie M. said...

Hi Judy and Emma: Nowhere...yeah, pretty much sums up Soda, but it is a nice little town. It would be great to meet with you and Emma, but we are on a super-quick trip (just taking the car; leaving the RV behind) and will be coming right back home on Friday. A long way to go for such a short time, but this aunt is worth it! We'll be going west out of Soda Springs on I-86 to I-84 and boogying all the way home in one day. Hope we can meet another time, though. It would be great! Thanks for asking.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

On the follower question, I have had the issue of someone signing up as a follower but not showing up on the list, but when they try again, it says they are already signed in and apparently it is not a "private" issue. I am lost on this, so I vote for the Blogger error idea :)

Al Bossence said...

I remember heading from Salt Lake City, Utah to Jackson Hole Wyoming one time & seem to recall getting turned around somewhere in or near Soda Springs.

Roadrunner Chronicles said...

Interesting ideas on some educational items for the kiddos. Looks like they are having fun too! Can't beat that...

I have no idea why the Followers don't match the number ~ Rick probably came up with a good answer.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

That's still a pretty good car trip,The grands are sure going to miss you guys, Sam is in Grandson withdrawal now that he dropped Adam off at home yesterday, funny how they grow on you and you miss the sounds and sights of them. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Jerry and Suzy said...

It may be nowhere, but it IS a trip, and you need the vacation. Good luck hooking up!

Sue and Doug said...

thanks for the information on Soda!!..can't wait to read your post on your trip!

Dennis and Donna said...

My hat is off to you....When we stayed with Aiden for 5 days, I felt like someone had mugged me and thrown me down some steps...That's why we are suppose to have kids when we are young enough to follow them around without our geritol!! As for Soda..never been there, but if I were you two, I wouldn't mind the dead quiet of "the middle of nowhere"!!

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

I like the name Soda. It sounds real old fashioned. I hope you guys have a safe trip! You deserve a break after all the cool things you've done with the grandkids this summer! You've packed more in a few months than some kids get to do their WHOLE kid lives!! NO LIE!!

Wayne and Roberta said...

Your "Grands" are having a wonderful summer with the two of you. You have come up with so many educations things to do.

Safe travels to and from Soda Springs!