Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Might Just Get Here Yet

I have a new “Follower” today so I would like to extend a great big THANK YOU to Lynn-Country Heart and Roses for joining my group.  Welcome Aboard, and I hope you will find something interesting to keep you amused!

Summer just might get here to Western Washington yet!  Judging from the past few days you’d never know it was July.  Most of the country is sweltering with near 100 degree heat (or above) and we’ve still been wearing jeans and light jackets.  Tomorrow that is supposed to be changing, according to my MSN weather connection.  Tuesday we are scheduled for a high of 80F.  Wednesday a high of 87F.  Thursday a high of 90F. 

This is how it looked outside our RV door today at around 3:00 pm…..

DSCF5267 

An hour later this is how it looked facing the same direction…..

DSCF5268 

The second photo is the one I like!  That is how it looks here most of the time in the summer months.  The sky will usually be that beautiful blue color and we’ll have large puffy clouds in the heavens above.  Fantastic!  I have to admit, though, I’m not a fan of temperatures above 80F, and we are set to begin a bit of a heat wave in the next couple of days.  The weather predictions around here are usually good for about 20 minutes and then they change again.  It is something we have learned to accept since moving here. 

Today was a no babysitting day, so I got busy defrosting the freezer.  We open the door a lot during the day to get ice from the ice maker, so it does build up more frost on that side than on the other side.  It didn’t take long to get the job done.  I had to get the step stool out because our refer is taller than I am.  I used the hair dryer to first warm up the icy stuff and then scraped the loosened frost with my spatula.  In about 20 minutes I was finished.

DSCF5265

Tomorrow morning that alarm is ready to buzz us awake at 5:30.  We have 4 days of “duty” this week.  We were so exhausted last night we were asleep before the fireworks were finished in the neighborhoods around us.  Fine by us, we were tired!

Here is a photo of a great looking vintage motorhome we saw down in Chehalis at the Walmart a few days ago.  Looks like an old Winnebago Brave.  My cousin had one similar to this and I’d say this was probably a late 70’s model.  It looked in pretty good shape and still ready to give folks some enjoyment with RV traveling.

DSCF5144

Hope everyone’s week is getting off to a good start.

Until next time…..so long for now!

12 comments:

Happytrails said...

Hate to hear you all are going to have temps into the 90s. Of course, that is practically normal here. Maybe it will pass quickly.

Love that vintage Winnebago! We see some really old RVs here at FDR from time to time.

Enjoy your time with the grands!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Hey there shortie :) I used to have a stool in the rv too, then I brought it outside to sit on as I watched Jonathan fill up the water tank. He had his shirt on, so I don't know why I was distracted enough to forget it. Darnola! I miss my little fold up stool :(

-Nellie
Http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

Rick said...

You're absolutely right about the weather - it's about time. It was cold and miserable on the Island here this morning, but by mid-afternoon, the skies looked exactly like those in your photos. Tonight, it's all clear blue.

Looks to be a good week ahead - maybe some "outside time" for the 'grands'!

Gypsy said...

Don't be in any hurry for the hot weather to arrive. I think I'd love some cloudy skies, cool days, and even a bit of rain once in a while.

Carol K said...

I agree with you, Margie, 80s is best--low 80s and low humidity if we're submitting requests!

I'm finding that I have to defrost my icemaker area quite often. Is that normal? The other side of the freezer doesn't build up nearly as fast.

Al Bossence said...

Motorhomes sure have changed over the years from those early Winnebago days. I saw one like that a few days ago & sure made a big noise when it went by me on the highway.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

I remember in the 60's when I was in the Navy and old Chief Petty Officer was retiring and he bought one of those Winnies, I couldn't get over all the stuff ,even a bathroom inside of it, of course compared to today it was very basic, but I remember the bathroom being put on the back of my Granddad's house, so this was really something.Hope the h4eat doesn't get to bad, we had a couple of cooler days and now we are back in the m90's. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Travels with Emma said...

Margie,
Is that a magnetic calendar I see on your frig? If it is, where did you get it? There is no wall space in my present rig for the dry erase calendar I had in the old rig. I lose track of what day it is without a calendar. :(

Jerry and Suzy said...

If you aren't comfortable above 80 degrees, don't come here in the summer! We're going to be pretty cool today with an expected high of 97.

That old Winnebago sure looks great. Just think, in a few years, our 2001 will be an anomaly on the road and people will come by and take pictures of it.

Phyllis said...

I sure would love your weather right now. It is currently 101 here. The heat index is around 106

We expect this to continue into tomorrow and then down to low 90's rest of week. I feel so bad as my DD down in Maryland does not have A/C. They had one window unit but felt sorry for their tenant and gave it to her for her house.

I prefer temps around 70-75.

We see lots of older rv's on the road. Some of them look to be gently used. Others I would not want to ride behind it case something flys off.

Prettypics123 said...

Hi Margie,
I love your two sky/cloud photos. I love the before and after. Not to mention that the sky is just plain beautiful anyway. You take care and have some good time off! The Camp Host Housewife and Photographer

KarenInTheWoods said...

My best guess is that the Brave is about 1972 vintage. I had the Chieftian, the longer one but same year. Gosh I loved that old beast!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/