Thursday, September 24, 2009

Making A New Friend

We had the great pleasure of making a new friend yesterday. About a week ago I was contacted by one of our blog readers who happens to live in the next-door town of Olympia. Her name is Pam and she wanted to know if we would like to meet for a cup of coffee and a chat at McDonald's. "Yes" was our enthusiastic answer. It would be great fun to meet, in person, with somebody who has been reading our simple, little blog. We met up at our favorite Tumwater McDonald's location.

Pam is a full-time "wanna be" right now. She and her husband have a 5th wheel that is just itching to get on the road. Right now they have business concerns that keep them home bound except for vacation travel.

Bruce and I enjoyed the conversation with Pam so much. She shares a lot of the same travel interests with us and we found that we had a lot in common. She wanted to hear about some of our fulltime travel decisions and how we came about doing what we are doing. Do we enjoy the lifestyle and do we regret making the big decision? Yes, we enjoy the lifestyle. No, we do not regret making this choice.

It was also fun to learn that she knew a lot about us, and our Annie, from actually reading the blog. I guess I still find it amazing that people out here in cyberland are really reading my posts. It is interesting to read the other RV blogs I follow, but I am still surprised that I have real "followers"!

Although Pam and her husband aren't ready to hit the road yet, they have begun early preparations. They've already begun downsizing and purging themselves of unwanted items from their sticks and bricks home. Like I told her, it is all part of the process.

I am confident that our new friend will realize her dream of a fulltime lifestyle eventually. She has the determination and motivation that drives us all to do this great big crazy thing we love so much!
.
Until next time.......so long for now!

No comments: