Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No Clever Title Today

I like clever post titles, but I really don’t have one most of the time and that goes especially for today.  I could call this one “Hanging With My Buds” (meaning Bruce and Annie) or “See What I See In Pismo”….nothing much of interest with those, however.

After breakfast we drove up into the hills above the town to get a view of the beach front community.  We found a nice little park at the top of one street so we parked and walked to the rocky overview.

                    Even though there was ocean haze, we could look toward the North and Avila Beach.DSCF6871 

                                            Way out in the distance is the Pismo Beach pier.DSCF6872

I spent some time on that continuing photo album project for our youngest Grand (will it ever be completed?).  I’m caught up to last Christmas, so heck, I’ve only got 10 more months to go.  I think my behind is growing to the chair at the table since it seems I never get up much during the day.  Ah, well.  This too shall pass and the albums will be finished someday.

I also wrote a couple of notes to some of my older lady friends back in Tumwater.  One is going out to Dorothy, who is 94 years old.  I’ve written about Dorothy before and she is my favorite older friend.  I like to make my own note cards to send to people.  When I take a photo that is a nice one, I print it out and then stick it on a blank note card I buy at Michael’s or Walmart.  It’s like my own version of a postcard except it has one of my own photos on it and there is a lot more room to write content. 

                                            I just stuck on one of my beach photos for Dorothy.DSCF6880

I have a lot of beach photos and photos of the little beach community here in Pismo.  So, I’ll stick a few on here with the end of this post. 

                                            Boardwalk area down by the pier.DSCF6617

                                    Something we’ve never seen before…a large ship right off shoreDSCF6640

                                            Now these are really big dogs.DSCF6727

                            Thought about getting a “tat” or a piercing for a minute, but decided not to.DSCF6750

Well, there you have it….our fun-filled day of adventure.  We are going to pack up a picnic tomorrow and drive somewhere.  We haven’t where decided yet.  We asked Annie which way she wanted to go and she just didn’t say a word.  So, ya’ll come back now.

Until next time…..so long for now!

15 comments:

meowmomma said...

homemade cards and postcards are awesome!

and, you're never too old to get a tattoo!!

Gypsy said...

Isn't that just about the hardest part of blogging - coming up with a title?

Those are really big puppies! I just love big dogs.

Tats are fine, but please, no piercing. It hurts to look at them!

Rick said...

Putting together real honest to goodness photo albums is going to be a lost art, I'm afraid. With Facebook and online storage, kids today will never bother with our old methods. Still, I'll bet the Grands will treasure it forever when they see it finished!

Glad you didn't get a 'tat'. I can't figure out why so many otherwise sane people find them attractive or neat. Leave the 'tats' to the heavy metal bikers!

Sue and Doug said...

ditto what meowmomma said..just think of all the quiet time and enjoy!!..good or bad title, who cares!

Along the Way with JnK said...

Waited for my daughters 21st birthday before she and I together got a tattoo. She got a huge flower and has many others since then. Me, I got a little yellow rose and nothing else. Jerry has a chief head on his arm and no others.

Meowmomma is right, you are never too old for a tattoo, maybe tomorrow you guys can stop and get one!

Al Bossence said...

I've never understood why someone & especially girls would dis-figure themselves with permanent skin stains either. If that ship is still there in a couple days it might mean it's aground. Wouldn't that cause some excitement for a few days:))

Unknown said...

years ago, you were different if you had a tatto, now I feel different for not having any!

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Your homemade cards are great , it truly shows a friend you took a few minutes out of your life to be with them in spirit. Any title will work, you always have a good blog. be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

Freely Living Life said...

No tat?!! Oh come on Margie!! =0)

{{hugs}}

Travels with Emma said...

I've thought of getting a tattoo off and on over the years, but luckily I've always come back to my senses! :)

Happytrails said...

I like your homemade note cards... it makes it so much more personal. Your pic of the boardwalk is very neat.
Your album for the grand will be solid gold for them, and well worth you efforts. Hang in there with it.
Hope you and Bruce have a great day!
Mike & Gerri

Jerry and Suzy said...

Not only is making a photo album nearly a lost art, but I believe sending a personal post card is one too! We can print our own post cards using our photos, so we don't have to attach anything, but we almost never do it. You're a doll for keeping in touch with your pals!

Dennis and Donna said...

I used to think "tatting" was something a Grandma did...Turns out it IS...I'm a Grandma and I have 2!!!
Hey, I figure they'll certainly be able to find me in the nursing home...

KarenInTheWoods said...

Ohhhh, your photo/notecard idea is the BEST! I am gonna do that once we hit the road--- we bought our daughter one of those little HP photo printers that just prints 4x6 photo quality prints... I think I will get one for us now too!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Now you're talking! Reconsider, and get a tattoo that say's "MOM" with an anchor and a heart :) hehe!