Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Busy At The Beach

(Pismo Beach, CA) – This is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.  I think all of the RVer’s (full-timers or part-timers) probably feel the same way.  Somebody has to do it is right!  I mean we have to be out here scouting things out around the country just to make sure everything is going well. 

This morning it was our job to check out the beach on our early walk.  We had to make sure it was still a good place to be!  Again…somebody has to do it.  Let me reassure you that things checked out A-OK. 

We walked out of the park and up Dolliver Street, otherwise know as the Pacific Coast Hwy.  (PCH, Hwy. 1)  At 6:45 in the morning we see a few morning joggers, but mainly we see the trash truck emptying the dumpsters by the restaurants.  We see it all the time as it is part of that early morning routine for them.  We walked up to the Best Western, about a 30 minute walk, and then turned around to walk back home.  We decided this time to go up one of the side streets where there is a beach access and walk home on the sand.

                                            Bruce takes the lead so I can get his pic.DSCF6686

                                            Looking back at the stairs we just came down.DSCF6689

The beach was wonderful during this early morning hour.  The fog had mostly burned off but was lurking off shore.  After we came down the stairs, I looked North toward Avila Beach to get a photo op.  Then we turned South to walk home.

                                            I will never tire of this view!DSCF6690   

We walked under the city pier in Pismo and the water was so blue in the early morning light.  The waves weren’t large, but I’m always amazed by the soft roar of the ocean as it “waves” to the beach.  It’s nice to stop for a minute or two and just listen. 

DSCF6694

DSCF6696

                        The beach was getting too crowded by now!  The morning “strollers” were out.DSCF6698

After breakfast, Bruce had some chores to attend to.  He washed the front and one side of the motorhome.  He figures he’ll wash the back and the other side tomorrow.  No need to rush into too much work!

                                            Hey, I think you missed a spot up there.DSCF6718

The next job was to climb on top of the motorhome.  He needed to remove the Maxx Air vent cover to clean underneath it.  After a while there gets to be too much dust and dirt up there. 

                                            I’m not going up there!  Good thing I don’t solo RV.DSCF6722

                                            Housework even on the roof.DSCF6723

It was just a busy day at the beach for us.  I did laundry and worked on the photo album for Zoey.  We haven’t been doing much here so far in our first week’s stay.  Right now, that suits us just fine.  I hope your day was a good one too.

Until next time…..so long for now!

13 comments:

Gypsy said...

I can climb up on the roof of my 5ver with no problem - a real mountain goat am I. I just don't do anything while up there except look around.

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Looks like a great day to me..

The Hollingers said...

Love the pictures of the beach... nothing better! In one month Judy and I will be leaving for California and cannot wait... you are lucky to be there now!

RVlifeonwheels

Unknown said...

your pictures today are great!!!!!

Rick said...

Your pictures brought back a lot of great memories as I remember well walking along that same route just last January. Sure looks like you are getting some nice warm weather too, so that's great! Keep enjoying those great walks down there.

Carol K said...

What a wonderful day. I am envious. I liked your story and your pictures. The beach is hard to beat!

We finally got our motorhome back from the repair shop today, so now we can start going on some mini-trips.

Sue and Doug said...

love the beach shots..we can hear the waves as they are slowly crashing on the shore..looks like a perfect day to me too!..so jealous!!

Travels with Emma said...

Being on the roof is not my favorite thing. Wish I had someone to do it for me. :( I love to walk an ocean beach. :)

JODI said...

Cleaning the air vent is kin to cleaning gutters in a sticks and brick home. It's the dirty job that has to be done.

Oh I love the sound of crashing ocean waves. It is soothing and tranquil to the soul.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Love you photo's of the walk on the beach, I am jealous of Bruce he is thin enough to get on the roof and not worry about damaging it, Sam says he is to heavy at 250lbs so he has to enlist help from some skinny guy, like our son or some friend's college age sons. Be safe out there and enjoy your stay. Sam & Donna.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Love your seaside pics... I can just imagine strolling along the beach in the early morning hours. How nice!

I read aloud your post to Steveio, and he said that just reminded him to get up on our roof and clean out the maxi-air covers too. Amazing how the little pine needles and junk gets in there!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Dennis and Donna said...

I can manage to climb on the Hiker roof, but I'm sure the view from below of me actually DOING it is nothing short of hilarious.
Your beach photos are gorgeous..We have only been to the West Coast once..It is totally different than the East coast...Thanks for taking us again...

Jerry and Suzy said...

Yes the pictures were beautiful, but what we loved was the way you told your story. It was a warm, happy, contented story. Thanks for enjoying your life and sharing it with us!