We are awaiting the RV repair tech. He should be here in about 30 minutes from St. Louis. We called them early this morning and they had to locate a spare tech to come all the way out here into the middle of freaking nowhere!
Let's have a brief history, shall we? Around o-dark thirty this morning we heard the rain begin to fall again. This time it was very hard. Great. This was going to be moving day. We have (had) reservations in Kansas City for 5 days. Anyway no problems so far, and we got up at 6:30 and did the usual stuff and ate breakfast around 8:30. We got prepared to drive out of the Lost Valley Lake Resort and got as far as retracting the leveling jacks. Now the fun began. One was stuck in the down position.
Bruce went out and checked everything and saw that the jack was in so much mud and muck that when we lowered them yesterday the rear passenger one slipped off the board and the foot or plate (or whatever you call it) came up the side and was next to the shaft or cylinder. This morning the jack had come up about an inch off the ground and then stopped. It could not be budged. Neither up nor down would that little booger go.
The system will not allow you to put the RV into drive and move as this is a fail-safe measure so you don't drive forward not knowing you have a problem and bust the thing off completely. So we called a repair facility (without first using any bad words or language at all) and found one open on Saturday and willing to drive a zillion miles to help us out. Of course, this will cost some big money for the travel time, but what are we supposed to do? We don't want to live here in this resort for the rest of our lives.
We called and cancelled our reservation in K.C. on the chance that we don't get out of here for a day or two. If we get out of here this afternoon we can call them back and see if they still have a space. If we don't, we'll be staying here until the repairs can be completed.
The motorhome is still in our RV site, so we reconnected the electric so we can watch TV and use the computer while we wait...and wait...and wait some more. Keep your fingers crossed that this service tech can at least get it retracted safely. We can stop in Kansas City and look for a large Winnebago facility if we need further help.
I did not go out and take any photos of this disaster. Some things you just don't want documented, they are just too irritating.
Until next time.....so long for now!
Weird weather !
1 hour ago