Friday, May 8, 2009

I Have to Share These Funny Socks...

Most sane people don't travel to Florida during the late spring and summer months as it is just too darn hot !! We are not sane as you have probably figured out by now. We've come to Florida a few times over the past 27 years and most of those times have included weather in the 90 degree range. When I walk around the parks within the Walt Disney World complex my feet get hot and tired.

Last year I saw an advertisement in the newspaper for these funny socks that look like gloves for your feet. I checked them out online and read all of the information about them. They were originally designed for runners to prevent blistering. Hey, I thought, I bet they would work for me too. I'm no runner, that's for sure. I probably couldn't run to save my life....but we walk a lot. I thought I'd give them a try so I bought one pair. They work great. After we got down here to Florida I figured I'd better get a few more. So, I went online and ordered 4 more pair and had them shipped to the RV park.

They are called "Performance Mini-Crews" by injinji. The packaging states they are good for: Running, Walking, Cycling, Track & Field, Cross Training, and Multi-Sport activities. They are engineered to separate your toes with a moisture wicking lining and a resistant nylon outer shell built with Lycra fibers to create a thin, anti-friction membrane that is both lightweight and breathable. Seamless construction. They encourage healthy circulation and eliminate skin on skin contact between your toes to prevent blistering.

All I know for sure is THEY WORK! It is 90 to 94 degrees here in the Orlando area and my feet feel great. Once you get them on and put your shoes on they don't feel any different than ordinary socks.

I just had to share these photos with you. Give injinji a try: http://www.injinji.com/

No, I'm not being paid for advertising....I just wanted to share a good product with you.

No comments: