Sunday, August 9, 2009

Putting Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again

We had a very busy day today. In order for Winnebago to do the job of tearing down and rebuilding the roof on our slide outs, we had to remove everything that was stored in the upper cabinets in the whole motorhome. Since everything was out and I had to put it all back together again, I decided it was a good time to take inventory.

As I picked up each item for the kitchen cabinets, I gave thought to how many times I'd used that item or how often it was used. I figured if I hadn't used something from our food cabinets in a year, I probably didn't need it or want it any longer. If I used something only once or twice during the past year, I figured it didn't warrant the space it was taking up. Space is at a premium as all RVer's know. (not to mention the weight of carrying useless items) I chucked out my Bisquick...didn't use it. I did likewise with my cocoa powder and 3 boxed cake mixes. If we want a cake, we'll go out and buy one already baked. I keep all food items in closed Tupperware containers, with a couple of Rubbermaid thrown in. I LOVE Tupperware. This is how the one cabinet looked after the reorganization. From the kitchen, I migrated to the bedroom where I had a really big job to do. Those upper cabinets in the bedroom were the ones most affected by the smell of the mold and they had been unusable for a few months. We had stashed the stuff from those cabinets everywhere inside and in the outdoor cabinets. I pulled everything out and put it on the bed to sort through. Again, I thought it was a good time to take inventory. If I hadn't used it or worn it in the last year, I got rid of it. I went through every drawer, cabinet and the entire closet. I have plenty of space now and everything is getting organized. Here is the huge mess I have accumulated on our bed.

These are the overhead cabinets in the bedroom that are finally usable. I like to keep our linens in these cabinets and we have plenty of room for them. Ohhhhh, these cabinets smell so clean and fresh now.

In the spirit of cleaning day, Bruce decided to clean our ultra leather couch and chair in the living area. Annie the Schnauzer, likes to rub her muzzle all along the bottom of the couch and it gets really dirty. Isn't that sweet? :( He spent about an hour doing the cleaning job.


Once the job was complete, the couch really looked as good as new.

I really have to give big kudos to Winnebago and the job they did in removing the mold/mildew from our slide outs and rebuilding them. The workmanship was fantastic and everything looks so beautiful. We are very glad that we decided to hold off on those repairs until we could get up here to Forest City. This is our second trip to Winnebago with this RV and we could not be happier with the level of customer service and the work done by the techs here.
Tomorrow they will begin the work on our tile floor in the living room. I'll take photos.
Until next time.....so long for now!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this story appears to have a happy ending. And you got it all reorganized. I need to do that, but just never seem to get around to it. :) So, where are you headed off to now? We're back at a Thousand Trails in VA for 2 weeks.

Happy Trails,
Chris

Rick said...

What a big job! Glad to see it all worked out well!

Jerry and Suzy said...

That's a big job, but one that is necessary in an RV - taking inventory and making the hard decisions. Some of those decisions aren't too hard, others can be painful.

Congratulations!

squawmama said...

Sounds like everything is going well up there in Forest City... They have always done us great too... I bet your excited about the tile being installed... I wish we had all tile...

Have fun & Safe Travels
(((HUGS)))
Donna

Margie and Roger said...

I'm curious as to what you used to clean your Ultra-Leather couch.