Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday and The Amazing Race

As a person who loves to travel, it is no wonder that The Amazing Race show is my favorite.  We never miss it because we enjoy seeing the places around the world that we will never get to.  I’m never going to get to India, Australia, Japan, or Europe so I live vicariously through the teams on this show and their adventures.  Tonight it will be on again….can’t wait!

After church today I sorted Zoey’s birthday photos for the next occasion to document in her album.  At lunchtime we decided to walk into town to the Subway restaurant for a sandwich.  After a foggy start to the day, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day again.  It was a nice walk and on the way we saw our fellow Pismo Coast RV friends, Ted and Claire, on a walk.  They are staying a few rows away from our site at the park.  Claire said to stop by sometime.  We did on our way home but they weren’t outside their MH so we kept going.

                       Not many people at the Subway today.  Most were at “real restaurants” probably.DSCF6946

                       We shared a foot-long ham without cheese, but with all the veggies.  Yummy.DSCF6945

When we take our normal morning walks we always go past this small house on Dolliver Street.  It is a pretty well worn house and has the tiniest yard.  The owners have decorated their yard with all sorts of knick-knacks and some interesting plants, though.  They also have a sign in this small yard that reads, “Don’t touch anything.  We’re watching you.” 

                                            I didn’t touch anything, I just took a picture of it all.DSCF6947

                            There was this interesting burgundy colored plant that looked like a flower.DSCF6948

                                            Green ones, too.  I think they are in the succulent family.DSCF6949

Bruce has been watching a couple of NFL games on TV and we’ve been enjoying a laid-back Sunday afternoon.  We’ve also been watching the weekender’s pull out and the new batch of campers arriving.  Such a busy day of people and RV watching!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and got the chance to do something fun or interesting.  Enjoy your week ahead, too.

Until next time…..so long for now!

15 comments:

Travels with Emma said...

Margie,
Thanks for the head's up about the Amazing Race. It's one of my favorites, also, and I didn't know it was starting a new season tonight. :)

Vera said...

I usually start watching TAR when there are only about 6 couples left. Before that it is so confusing although I must say the scenery is great most of the time.

Lin said...

The cat is watching you! ;) I think it is the Guard Cat watching over all that junk.

Phyllis said...

We always enjoy watching rigs pull in and out too. Earlier today as I was watching I saw friends we worked with on a project back in April pull in. Woke Leonard up quick from his "after a huge lunch" nap and out we ran. Hugs all around. Love those moments.

I love Subway too. I get the veggie on whole wheat. YUMMY!

Carol K said...

Yes! The Amazing Race is a great show and it's our favorite, too. We TiVo it so we never have to miss it. It looks like a great season except for that woman getting hit in the face with the watermelon last week. Ouch!

Cindy said...

Which couple are you going for? I normally would choose someone else..but this trip I am going for the mom and daughter reunited. If I was 30 years younger..and in a lot better shape..I would of tried for this one!!

Cindy and Walker

Jessica Riker said...

I'm with you - I love the Amazing Race. Last week I barely made it to the end, since it was delayed quite a while by the football game. Looks like some interesting teams this season. :)

Rick said...

Just shows how different we all are I guess - I wouldn't waste a minute watching the Amazing Race, Survivor, Dancing With The Stars, American Idol and all the rest of those reality type shows.

I did watch a few NFL games today though!

Al Bossence said...

I'm a Subway guy too. Generally always a 6" Tuna on whole wheat. Toasted. Lettuce & tomatoes. Green Peppers & Onions. Salt & Pepper with a touch of Mayo. Thank you very much....next please:))

Sue and Doug said...

great sandwich!..my fave?..turkey on flat bread with cheese..lettuce cucumber, green peppers, banana peppers and honey mustard!..yummy!!..glad you all had a nice quiet day!..us too..it was called housework, grocery shopping day!!

Wayne and Roberta said...

Subway is one of my favorites, chicken breast, whole wheat toll, lettuce, tomato, pickle & olives, salt & pepper and a little vinegar & oil....YUM

Unknown said...

I love Subway, I usually get a subway salad. I call it my sub without the bread!

Dennis and Donna said...

That was a neat garden except for the ugly sign...
Don't watch Amazing Race, but I LOVE Border Wars on NatGeo..and The Mentalist!

KarenInTheWoods said...

That sub looks wonderful! Now you are making me hungry---

Like those succulents, very interesting the way they grow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Susan and Sam said...

I love Amazing Race........and Survivor!