Saturday, July 3, 2010

I May Be On My Last Nerve

Welcome Aboard!  I have a new pair of “Followers” to this blog.  They are Merri and Steve and I extend my THANKS for joining my group.  I hope you find some entertaining posts regarding our fulltime lifestyle. 

I think my brain has turned to Jell-o tonight.  At least it seems that way.  I almost gave up on making a post because I’m so tired, but I’m giving it a go before heading off to bed.

Had to do our usual babysitting duty today since the kids had to work the day before the 4th of July holiday.  Up at 5:30 and out the door by 6:30.  The “Grands” were still sleeping when we got there so I was able to get outside for a couple of laps walking around the block while Bruce stayed behind….then he took his turn.  It’s the best we can do for exercise on days like this.

We got the call from our son, Dennis, around 10:00 saying he was being released.  We drove over to the hospital to get him.  Mackenzie and Zoey were excited to be able to go up to the 7th floor with us to see their Uncle Dennis.  They were excited to be able to look down at the parking lot and the trees from so high up.  Dennis was more than ready to leave this place that costs more than any luxury suite in the country.  Thanks to everyone for the nice comments and best wishes for Dennis’ recovery.  All seems to be going as well as can be expected.

DSCF5250

We drove him back to his condo and then went over to Costco to pick up his pain medication.  We added a few grocery items in the bag as well.  Enough to get him through a day or two until he feels like driving.

Went back to the girls house and fixed lunch for all of us.  I was loopy by this time and sacked out on the couch for a quick nap.  I was up again in about 15 minutes….power nap, I guess…..and packed up the girl’s suitcase since they were coming to the RV for a sleep over.  What idiot suggested a sleep over?   Oh, yeah that idiot was ME.  I also mended some of Darin’s work pants for him and then did a load of laundry for everyone.  If anyone is interested….I’ll hire out for housekeeping and babysitting chores.  :)

After Stephanie got home from work we had the girls say their good-byes and off we went to the motorhome.  Kelly from the Bayfield Bunch suggested we make photo scrapbooks this summer as a project.  I thought it was a great idea and I already had 2 spare albums.  We dug those out and began the first few pages of the albums.   They thought the project was terrific and got busy with their creativity.

DSCF5253  

Mackenzie has always enjoyed craft projects and she is quite detail oriented. 

DSCF5256

Being only 5 years old, Zoey is putting hers together in her own creative way.  Mackenzie tries to give helpful suggestions, and Zoey wants none of it!!!   Butt out is pretty much the thinking there!

DSCF5257

After dinner we got together on the couch to watch the Wizard of Oz.  Bruce recorded this the other day and the girls had never seen it before.  By the time the 2nd wicked witch came into the picture Mackenzie had crawled up onto Bruce’s lap for security.  Zoey stuck close to me.   I have a feeling we may have company in our bed tonight if the scary dreams begin.  I got them into the shower, each in turn, and then into their jammies.  

DSCF5260 

The girls sleep on the sofa bed in the living room.  Bruce is hard of hearing and once he gets to sleep he pretty much hears nothing.  I, on the other hand, always have my “grandma ear” turned on during the night and hear every peep and moan.  

I’m ready for bed myself and it is only about 8:30 as I’m typing out this post.  We’ll take the girls to church with us in the morning and then we’re off duty until Tuesday morning.   This has been a busy 3 days and we’re ready for a day off. 

If I have any brain cells left tomorrow afternoon I’m going to try to catch up on all the blog postings of my Blogging Buddies the past couple of days.  I’ve had precious little time to catch up on what everyone is doing.

Is September almost here??

Until next time…..so long for now!

14 comments:

Carol K said...

Well, Margie, for having Jello as a brain, you wrote a mighty good blog posting! Glad to hear that Dennis is out of the hospital. I wish him a speedy recovery. The summer scrapbooks sound like a great idea. Hope things calm down a bit for you this week!

Sue and Doug said...

what great grandparents you are!!!..glad that Dennis is out of the hospital..and the scrapbooks are a great idea for the girls to do..keep them busy that is for sure!..hope you slept well..enjoy your Fourth of July!!

Al Bossence said...

Yes, September is right round the corner. Less than 60 days left now:))

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Great to hear that Dennis is recovering so nicely, when Sam had that surgery they didn't want him to drive for a month, boy things sure have changed, He spent almost a week in the hospital for the same procedure. Looks like Grandpa & Grandma are thoroughly enjoying their duties, the girls look like they love their bed, we do the same with Adam in the trailer, the sofa bed has enough room for him & Rigg's who sneaks up after everyone is in bed. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

Along the Way with JnK said...

The title says it all!

Isn't it funny, how a great idea at the time sounds, that is until it actually happens. Sometimes, don't you wish you could muffle your own great ideas and not blurt them out until you have really thought them through!

Glad you had a great time with your overnight guests, they are after all, only young for a short time. Rest for the next few days, until the fun begins all over again.

Happytrails said...

So glad to hear Dennis is back home. Hospitals are no fun but aren't we glad they are there when we need them???
I love the scrapbook idea! That is perfect for those sweet girls. Great idea Kelly!!
You all must be exhausted...try to get some rest these next few days. By the way...I agree with Carol, your post sounds terrific. No brain jello in that post.:)

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

Jerry and Suzy said...

Nothing wrong with Jell-o! It's my favorite fruit!

Having and caring for youngsters can wear you out, and then you added Dennis to the mix. You have a right to be tired.

Karyn-Lee said...

Glad to see Dennis out of hospital and at home :)
Have a great week!

Merri and Steve said...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Glad Dennis is doing better. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Scrapbooking huh? You're braver than I, LOL! Another couple of ideas is to take the girls to a bead store to make a necklace and ceramic store to paint their own project. Easy & fun! Plus someone else can clean the mess. Don't forget a fun bowling afternoon.

Enjoy! You'll be looking back saying dang! those two months went by fast. Maybe?

Cheers!

Sharon said...

Much as you love your "grands" and it is very evident that you do, I know two tired puppies that are going to be more than ready to hitch up and roll out come September! Good news about Dennis and give us an update on Annie. It's been a little while since you mentioned her, so hopefully, that means she's doing well. Does she do well around the girls or do they tire her out?

Dennis and Donna said...

Ah yes, the grandkids and the camper...Our love to go with us, but after 2 nights they are missing their friends..and we are missing OURS..However, it is really good to expose them to the outdoor life, campfires, cooking out, taking walks, fishing...I'm getting tired just typing this...Rest up, girlfriend...YOU DID GOOD!!!!!

Phyllis said...

After just having almost 4 year old Granddaughter for 4 days, I completely understand.

My daughter asked that we take them both (other GD just turned one) for a weekend so she and hubby can get some work done around the house. It a few weeks we will. When the weather is NOT in the 90's and we can spend time outside.

As you indicate, space is tight in an RV. More so that we have to put younger GD in a Pack n Play to sleep.

A blessing that Dennis is out of hospital and on road to recovery.

Prettypics123 said...

I'm laughing at how we get use to taking things at our own pace and how discombobulating it is when we're on someone else's time schedule. Hang in there. You can do it. Good workout!

Anonymous said...

Really nice and impressive blog i found today.