Saturday, February 6, 2010

Enjoying A Great Sunset

I have 50 "Followers" now!!!  Wow, I'm amazed.  A great big THANK YOU to Mary Ann and William for joining the group.  I appreciate your interest very much!

One thing we've learned while spending time in Pismo Beach is that the internet weather page from MSN is less than accurate with predictions for here.  When it says "possible showers" we get lots and lots of rain for hours and hours.  When it says "clear skies" we are most likely to still get rain showers.  If it says "rain today" we are most likely to have sunny weather.  Go figure.

Today was filled with heavy rains in the morning and then a few showers in the afternoon hours.  Heavy rain was not in the forecast.  We were lucky to still get out this afternoon for our 1-hour walk between the showers.  I even did some small workouts with my 3-lb. dumbbells and took a wee bit of a jog.  Yes, I said jog.  Hard to believe, I know.  It was probably only about 100 yards and I couldn't go any further but at least I did it.  Can we say "bored" today?

When I was fixing dinner I remembered to stop for a few minutes,  grab the camera and walk down to the observation deck to see if we'd be having a nice sunset.  Well, it was pretty nice so I'll post those photos for today.

I thought this one was interesting because of the reflections of the clouds in the creek.  I really enjoy watching clouds.  (click on photos for larger view)
I saw this solitary man standing out on the beach far away.  I tried to zoom in and get a picture of him before he moved on down the beach.

The bright sun made one more appearance before dipping down below the dark clouds at the horizon.
As I turned to walk back to the motorhome, I saw this cloud in the southeast that was showing some nice pink coloring.  So pretty.
If we have no big rain storm tomorrow, we're going out with a picnic lunch after church.  Hopefully, we'll find something interesting to see.  Actually, we think everything is interesting.

Until next time....so long for now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Margie,
I love your photos of the clouds. I don't remember seeing a pink cloud, I surely have, I just don't remember it. LOL

Safe Travels,
Chris

Jerry and Suzy said...

Congratulations on reaching 50 followers. Bragging a bit, I'll announce that we just picked up #58! Where do they all come from? Don't know, don't care, just glad to have them.

Neat sunset pictures. See what the storms bring us as a reward!

squawmama said...

Good Morning Margie.... GREAT pictures and I agree 100% that in our lifestyle everything we see is interesting... the beauty for our country & nature is never ending! Have fun & travel safe...
Donna

Rick said...

Nice sunset pics, that viewing platform at Pismo is really neat. The sun's shining here this morning, sure hope it stays all day.

Happytrails said...

Great sunset pictures! Congratulations on #50 readers....that is great! Have no idea how many we might have since we just started full-timing but I appreciate every one of them.

How is Annie? You all take care and enjoy enjoy!!!!

Gerri