Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Good News Amidst the Preparations for Departure Day

Bruce had his appointment yesterday with the Oncologist that had performed the bone marrow aspiration. She came into the room and said, "Bruce! You are good!" Whew, those were good words to hear. Dr. Xuan got back all of the test results and they could not find any exact cause for the low white blood cell count. The final lab report did say that they could not rule out the possibility of a future onset of this MDS disease or leukemia....but at the present time he is fine. Well, we aren't about to sit around here worrying about a "future onset" of disease. It may never happen anyway. So in the meantime, we are living our life and planning to travel the country in our motorhome.

Full speed ahead now! We've begun doing some minor cleaning around the RV in preparations for Monday's departure from Tumwater. We will wait until we get all the way back to Virginia to wash the outside of the motorhome. It will only get dirty and yucky on the drive back there since it is still winter time.

I've packed up all of my scrapbooking supplies and we can actually see the dining table once again. I've undertaken the monumental task of creating a Family Heritage photo album for my cousin, Gail, in Virginia. It turned out to be a bigger project than I had anticipated, but it is almost complete now. I will finish up the last few pages on our journey back to Virginia.

With the dining table visible again, Bruce and I have returned to our Gin Rummy tournament. We've been working on a competition to see who can win 1,000 games first. At this point, I have 297 wins and he has 296. We did this tournament once before and he beat me to 1,000 wins by a narrow margin of 5 games. I've got to beat him this time.

This Saturday will be our granddaughter, Zoey's, 4th birthday. We will be helping her to celebrate on both Saturday and Sunday. She is pretty excited.

Monday morning, bright and early, we will be heading south on I-5. At least there is no snow predicted for Monday. Our first stop will be Grants Pass, Oregon in the WalMart parking lot. We will stock up on supplies there because Oregon does not have sales tax. We'll be driving East on I-40 and connect with that Interstate down in California.

I invite you to check out this blog from time to time over the next 5 months as I will be writing about our experiences and adventures on the road again.

No comments: